Media Appearances and Publications
Launch of Class Action to recover Stolen Wages – 12 September 2016
- ABC TV. 7.30 Report. ‘Noel Pearson’s uncle leads class action against Queensland Government to recover ‘stolen wages’.
- ABC News Online. ‘Noel Pearson’s uncle leads class action against Queensland Government to recover ‘stolen wages’
- ABC News. ‘Queensland class action over unpaid wages for Indigenous people ‘setting a national precedent’
- Brisbanetimes.com.au. ‘Aboriginal stolen wages lawsuit ‘as important as Mabo’ to go national’
- Cairns Post. ‘Class action over $500 million stolen wage bill dating back to 1930s’
- Cairns Post. ‘Most stolen wages claimants from the Far North’
- The Wire. ‘Lawyers get behind stolen wages campaign’
- The Wire. ‘Indigenous Wages’.
- The Guardian. ‘Indigenous activist leads class action to recover wages ‘stolen’ by state
- The Huffington Post. ‘Noel Pearson’s Uncle Leads The Fight To Recover ‘Stolen Wages’
- CAAMA (Central Australian Aboriginal Media Association) Class action in Queensland.
- ABC Radio National. Background Briefing ‘WA’s stolen wages shame’
- No Coincidence Media. Servant or Slave. Documentary – consultant and participant.
- Justice Now. Human Rights in Australia (Online Journal)
- ABC RadioNational. Did Legalise Slavery Exist? & News story
- State Library of Queensland. ‘Black Opium Symposium’ Fiona Foley, Ros Kidd, Anna Haebich, Andrew Gillet
- ABC Radio. The World Today. ‘Cricism of WA Government’s stolen wages offer’
ABC TV. Landline. Interview re stolen wages in Queensland and Western Australia, and government offers of compensation.
- ABC Radio National . Hindsight ‘Emperor for life: Killoran’s Queensland’.
- ABC National Breakfast ABC Radio National. (Ros Kidd starts at 2.30 minutes)
- ABC Radio National . Late Night Live. ‘Legacy of Patrick Killoran, Queensland Aboriginal Administrator’
- ABC Radio National. Awaye! ‘A question of trust’
- ABC Radio National. The Drum ‘Stolen wages: labour’s forgotten outrage’.
- ABC Radio National. Hindsight. ‘A Question of Trust’.
- ABC Radio National ‘Hard Labour, Stolen Wages’, interview with Senator Andrew Bartlett.
- National Indigenous Times ‘New stolen wages report launched into the scandal’
Amy McQuire (report on the launch of Hard Labour, Stolen Wages).
- The New Zealand Herald ‘Shackled by the state’.
- National Indigenous Times ‘Our slave past’.
- Australian Senate: Senator Crossin (page 34), Senator Bartlett (page 36), Senator Brandis (page 38)
(responses to tabling of Senate Inquiry Report Unfinished business: Indigenous stolen wages).
- The Weekend Australian ‘Rough justice over stolen wages’ Stuart Rintoul.
- The Law Report ABC Radio National ‘Stolen Wages’.
- In The National Interest ABC Radio National. (Ros Kidd starts at 24.40 minutes)
- Radio National Breakfast ABC Radio National. (Ros Kidd starts at 26 minutes)
- Speaking Out ABC Radio National. [Apply ABC National]
- ABC Radio National. Awaye! ‘Where’s the money?’
- Australian Senate – speech by Senator Andrew Bartlett.
- ABC Radio. PM. ‘Wage repayments should be tax-free: NSW Govt’
- ABC Radio National. AM. ‘Queensland stolen wages scheme criticised’
- National Indigenous Times ‘Lawyers warned off giving stolen wages advice’.
- The Koori Mail ‘On the cheap’ Elizabeth Burrows.
- The Koori Mail ‘Waging the battle’.
- ABC TV. 7.30 Report. ‘Aborigines ‘insulted’ by lost wages compensation plan
- The Australian ‘Beattie offer adds insult to injury’ Rosemary Neill.
- AWAYE! ABC Radio National ‘This Whispering in our Hearts’ [Apply ABC National]
- Aboriginal Co-ordinating Council Newsletter ‘As I see it…’
- Letter from Queensland Governor Major General Peter Arniston.
- Lingua Franca ABC Radio National ‘Yes Minister, we must be honest…’
- The Courier Mail ‘Stolen Lives’.
- Looking Back, Moving Forwards. Audio CDs chronicling Indigenous experience in Queensland produced by 4AAA Murri Radio – consult and participate. [Apply 4AAA Murri Radio]
- Video Education Australia. History of Aboriginal administration – research and feature in video. [Not Available]
- Ipswich City Council. Aboriginal Local History video clips – advisory consultant. [Not Available]
- Queensland Legislative Assembly Speech by Mr Mulherin.
- Like Rubies in the King’s Crown. Advise and feature in documentary film about Yarrabah.
- Australian Senate Speech by Senator Woodley.
- Land Rights Queensland ‘Archives Under Threat’ Christine Howes.
- Land Rights Queensland ‘The discrimination behind Palm Island’,
- The Australian ‘Crown demands Aboriginal records from researcher’ Leisa Scott.